We are pleased to announce the launch of our new podcast, “On Your Radar,” a new series hosted by WGN radio personality John Williams. Each in-depth episode will feature relevant, educational subjects covering substance use and mental health topics. We invite you to join us as we explore the latest issues, advances and breakthroughs in treatment.
Our first series, “Teens in Crisis,” features six episodes covering the effects of COVID-19 on teens. Episode one, “Epidemic within the Pandemic,” features Dr. Tom Wright, Rosecrance Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Director of Adolescent Services Jason Relle, LCPC.
Topics discussed will include but are not limited to:
- The stress of isolation for teens during COVID-19.
- The mental, emotional and biological effects of isolation on teens.
- Recognizing and managing the needs of teens living in isolation.
- Recognizing the warning signs of mental health and substance use.
- Providing guidance and support for teens during COVID-19
- The mask as a metaphor for hiding our feelings