Part of the enrollment process is selecting projects you would like to enroll in. Langlade County has a variety of projects that engage youth in developing many different skill sets. These projects can be leader based or self paced. Click here to find out more about projects available in your area.
For more information please view the complete 2020 4HOnline Family Enrollment Guide
Langlade County Open Enrollment Letter 2020
by Holly Luerssen
What Do I Do Now?
- Go to http://wi.4honline.comto access the new system. The system will look totally different from what we had in the past, but you can use the family enrollment guide to assist you.
- Family enrollment and project guides are found at https://langlade.extension.wisc.edu/4-h-youth-development/4-h-enrollment/ for help during the enrollment process. Also, please read the brief descriptions on each screen while re-enrolling, these are very helpful to explain that step in the enrollment process.
- A few advantages of the updated version is that it is more streamlined and easier to use, as well as mobile friendly so you can use your phone to enroll! There will be more features coming, like Spanish language translation and additional club leader features, which are very limited at this time.
- Returning Members & Leaders: Your family login and password will be the same as you used last year. If your password does not work, you can click on the Reset Password link on the login page and you will be emailed a new one.
Your family address and phone number were transferred from the 1.0 system. However, other data like projects and club selection will need to be re-entered by each family/member. (i.e. the projects that you were enrolled in did not transfer).
- NEW Members & Leaders: Please create new profile by going to 4-H Online. Complete the various pages for each youth and adult enrolling in your family before hitting the final submit.
- Youth Enrollments:
- Currently enrolled in 5K-2nd grade: Must enroll in Cloverbuds only.
- Currently enrolled in 3rd grade: Must enroll as an Explorer. May select a few other project areas.
- Currently enrolled in 4th-12th & One year past High School: Must select at least one project area. May enroll in as many as project areas as one may like to learn.
- Adults: Enrollment will not be finalized until all certification pieces are complete. Final certification will allow you to participate as a leader and volunteer at 4-H activities, projects, or club meetings. Adult volunteers are also covered under the Extension insurance when acting as a 4-H Volunteer.
- Certification Pieces Include: VIP training; Background Check; & Mandated Reporter Training
- Adults may select one or more areas to volunteer. Think about your role over the whole year and select the area(s) of interest.
- Project Leader
- Resource Leader
- Club Leader
- Club Enrollment Coordinator
- Committee Volunteer
- Activity/Event Volunteer
- Adult Advisor/Chaperone
- Club & Key Project Leaders: Once you complete the enrollment process, we will be able to provide you access information to your club or project enrollments. With this you will be able to contact members, send emails, and more. Reminder: you must complete the enrollment process to gain access.
- The updated Project Guide for our county will include a brief description of the projects and literature available. This will be posted on the county website by the end of the week at https://langlade.extension.wisc.edu/files/2020/10/2020-4-H-Project-Guide.pdf. Printed copies are available at the office, if you’d like to pick up one. If you would like a copy mailed to you, please email Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience as we waited for this new program to be readied for the whole state 4-H Program. Please take time to complete the enrollments soon and reach out to us if you have questions. Thank you, Holly Luerssen, 4-H Educator.